إذا كان هناك وظيفة أو مهنة تهتم بها ، فسيساعد ذلك على معرفة أكبر قدر ممكن من المعلومات عنها. يمكن لقليل من الأبحاث أن يعطيك فكرة عما إذا كان ما تريد فعله لكسب لقمة العيش.
إذا كان الأمر كذلك ، فستعرف ما تحتاجه للحصول على الوظيفة. إذا لم يكن كذلك ، فلا يزال لديك الوقت للبحث عن شيء آخر.
فيما يلي خمس طرق لمعرفة المزيد عن هذا العمل.
1. Career profiles
تعرض مواقع الويب الوظيفية مقابلات لأشخاصًا يتحدثون عن وظيفتهم أو عن دورة تدريبية. يتحدثون عن ما تنطوي عليه ، وما هو جيد (وليس جيدًا) حيال ذلك ، ويقدمون نصائح للحصول على عمل مماثل.
- youthcentral career profiles let you browse interviews with over 200 people about their jobs and how they got into them
- Newcastle uni’s My Big Tomorrow matches your interests to video profiles and online tasks to help you build relevant skills
- myfuture lets you build a profile that lists your skills and interests, then matches them to jobs in a career profile database (note: free registration is required to access this website)
2. Career counsellors
Career counsellors have heaps of resources that can help you find out about your dream job.
- If you’re at high school, talk to your careers teacher
- If you’re at uni or TAFE, check out your uni/TAFE website or student diary to see what career counselling is offered by your student union
Your career counsellor might even be able to:
- Arrange for you to meet and talk to someone who works in that job
- Set up work experience or a student placement so you can try the job for yourself
For more about career counselling, check out our Career Counselling page.
3. Careers expos
Careers expos are events at which employers present information about the jobs they have to offer. At a careers expo you can talk to people who do all kinds of jobs and find out about:
- What their job involves
- How easy it is to get that job
- What training you need
Some of the regular careers expos in Victoria include:
All of these expos run annually. Visit their websites for dates and more information.
These are only some of the career expos in Victoria. Some industries run industry-specific careers expos. Try searching online for a job or industry, plus “expo”, and see what turns up.
4. Job ads
A simple way to find out what a job involves and what qualifications it need, is to look for that job on a jobsearch website.
Check out a few ads and make a list of:
- The main duties of the job
- The qualifications and experience required
This can give you some ideas about:
- The study you need to get into this career
- Other experience that would be helpful
5. Use your networks
Knowing what jobs other people do can be helpful. It can be a bit like meeting a walking, talking career profile.
- Ask your friends about the jobs they and their family members do
- Ask if you can have a chat to them about their job
- The career profile sites above could give you ideas for questions to ask
For more about networking as a way to find work, check out our Networking page.
Where to next?
For more tips about planning your career or finding the job that’s right for you, check out our Career planning resources page.